Friday, July 16, 2010

Peace of Mind, Boston, 1976




Ooo, just came up with a new 'segment' idea: my favorite lyrics from the song I post, every friday! Just in case you couldn't figure it out from the title...

-------------------------------------
Friday's Favorite Lyrics:

People livin' in competition
All I want is to have my peace of mind.

Now you're climbin' to the top of the company ladder
Hope it doesn't take too long
Can't cha see there'll come a day when it won't matter
Come a day when you'll be gone
-------------------------------------

So. True.
Especially since one day I hope to be at the top of that ladder...

If you think about it, what would a lifetime of work give to you? What would it mean? Basically, not much, besides the fact that you worked yourself to death. So might as well enjoy yourself, because you only live once.

Which brings me to another point.

It really pisses me off when people tell you you're going to die. Well thank you, Captain Obvious, because unless I'm Tuck-Freakin-Everlasting, we are all going to die. Whether I bring it about a few years earlier by enjoying my nice summer tan or drinking too may diet sodas, I could care less. You know why? Because at least I lived a little. And who is going to care about what you did? No one, unless you were the first black president (which, unfortunately, has already been claimed) or invented the widely used flying car (this will be claimed by yours truly).

So, no one will care. And what will happen 100, 200, or a few billion years after you died? Oh, sure, the sun will turn into a red giant, engulfing the earth and other surrounding planets, then explode, obliterating the solar system as it stands, but probably not turning into a black hole. Oy, not to put a damper on your mood or anything...:D

Please, for my sake, our sun's sake, and a tribute to Boston:
Enjoy. Do something crazy. Listen to Peace of Mind again. Read my blog. Ojala and Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment