Wednesday, April 7, 2010

blasted from the past, the beginning

Sometimes we need help remembering awesome pieces of history...like when the Cubs last won the World Series. That's what this blog is for. Every day-ish I'll post a song that was "blasted in the past" and some background info on it. I'll start off with the 90's and slowly descend into the history of music like never seen before. After all, you gotta respect the classics.

This brings me to the song that will start off this blog. A song that meant a lot to me during the 90's, one I basically forgot about until last year. I would hear this song on the radio in my Dad's car when I would visit him on weekends, since my parents were divorced, and my mom didn't have a radio in her car...or air conditioning for the matter. So here it is...Mo Money Mo Problems, by The Notorious B.I.G.



Released posthumously in '97, this single topped the charts for 2 weeks straight, replacing I'll Be Missing You by Diddy. Now back then, I had no idea what they actually say in the song...and I still don't really know for sure. But some of you would be surprised to know that this song was sampled from Diana Ross's 1980 song I'm Coming Out:



Hope I jogged some memories...

Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment